Phil Hauck's TEC Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

2016 Election: Susan and Ole ...


The year is 2016 and the U.S. has just elected the first woman president, who happens to be from Wisconsin. A few days after the election, the president-elect, whose name is Susan, calls her Father, Ole, and says, 'So, Dad, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?' 'I don't tink so. It's an 18 hour drive."   'Don't worry about it Dad, I'll send Air Force One, and a limousine will pick you up at your door.'   'I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. Vhat vould your mother vear?'   'Oh Dad,' replies Susan, 'I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom-made by the best designer in Washington.' 'Honey,' Ole complains, 'you know I can't eat dose rich foods you eat. Do day serve tap beer?'   The President-to-be responds, 'Don't worry Dad. The entire affair will be handled by the best caterer in Washington; I'll ensure your meals are salt free. You and Mom just have to be there.'   
So Ole reluctantly agrees and on January 20, 2017, Susan is being sworn in as President of the United States. In the front row sits the new president's Dad and Mom. Dad recognizing the senator sitting next to him leans over and whispers, 'You see dat woman over dare wit her hand on da Bible, becoming President of da United States?'   The Senator whispers back, 'You bet I do.'  
Ole says proudly, "Her brother played football for da Green Bay Packers."

No comments:

Post a Comment